Monday 23 January 2012

Club Sporting the S2 pt. 1

So I've been a bit busy. I promise I'll do a larger post with video and whatnot about the Erisin ES777A - full overview of features, performance, my customizations etc.

For now however I've been doing some other things to the car. Mainly prepping it for the track events of the summer. I'm going to do all my modifications with the Porsche Club Sport ideology in mind - this means reducing weight and improving chassis performance. My inspiration of sorts is the 968 CS.

I really don't want to save weight on the basic convenience features like the 968 does, this means electric windows, power steering and stereo. I believe I can achieve similar weight savings by doing other things and still maintaining the daily usability of the car as good as it is.

This was my first purchase:
A polycarbonate rear window. It weighs less than 10 kilos WITH the frame. Swapping it over with the original will save over 20 kilos when the rear wiper is removed with it.

Next on the list is a replacement headlight system that will remove the pop-up mechanisms alltogether and save around 16 kilos. And the third thing is a "rear seat delete", which of course means removing the rear seats and fabricating a piece of carpet to cover the seat place.

Now of course I could not resist when I had the chance to get a chip for the engine. Especially when it is supposed to be a clone of the original Porsche racing chip that was used in the S2 cars that were sold directly to race teams and was actually designed by Porsche themselves for this car.
I say supposed to, because to be honest I have no way of confirming this. I am however going to take the car to a dyno, measure the power with the stock chip, change over the new one, and do a re-run to see the actual changes.

1 comment: